How do you disable hardware acceleration on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
So I occasionally get BSOD when I'm watching youtube videos and I'm pretty confident its to do with hardware acceleration being enabled.

But at the moment, I've no idea to disable it in the current version due to all the tutorials on it being for the old version of youtube/flash (not sure which)

Any help with this issue would be appreciated
Sam

There is no 'hardware acceleration on youtube' unless you were using a specific application written for youtube to 'tap' a video card to assist on making it better. I think somethings got jumbled up in how it was presented. Since we don't even know what computer you have, can you please help us do some 'basics';

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab info to here

Remove whatever AV your using and go to www.filehippo.com and download AVAST! or AVG and do a full system scan - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Download Malwarebytes do a full system scan (AV doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including options except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Go to http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp download the newest JAVA.

Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and follow the instructions to INSTALL flash

Let us know the results of each.

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Thankyou for the detailed reply :)

I'm running a full system scan now with Norton...if that' the same thing.

PC Specs are as follows though:

MOBO: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P
CPU: AMD Fx 8320 8 Core Processor
GPU: AMD Radeon 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 12GB 1600MHz RAM (1x4 + 1x8)
Storage: 1x 500GB HDD and 1x 1TB HDD
3 Monitors (1 primary 1360x768 and two secondary 1280x1024)
Speakers: Logitech with sub woofer
Mouse: Hama uRage 2700dpi

Java is up to date.

Flash player is up to date.

Windows has no available updates apart from one Bing one.

Scanning with Malwarebytes now.

BSOD only EVER occurs whilst watching youtube. NEVER whilst playing games/rendering or anything else :S

Temperatures never go above 70c on the CPU and never above 70c on the GPU as well.

Bluscreenview program says for the two bluscreens from the past weeks:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys+c483b

I am running a BETA version of AMD Drivers ... perhaps this is the issue?

Possibly (BETA does mean it isn't 'perfect' and there can be problems). I would do this first, Remove AMD drivers, use Driver Fusion or Driver Sweeper to completely remove the AMD elements. Reboot, download and reinstall the latest Catalyst, and retest the issue.

Note: Numerous people on these forums have mentioned Norton has been a real problem where it 'isolate' programs and prevents things from working. Numerous times they removed Norton, reboot, installed AVG or AVAST and suddenly all the problems went away. Just to advise you.

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Thankyou again for the help :)

I'll revert back to the 13.12 stable amd drivers and I'll consider un installing Norton after I've figured out the username and password for my Norton account :)

...yeah Norton is a pain anyway,
Thanks again
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.