How do you fix if the hard drive came loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvonnemd_1

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I'm trying install my windows disc my laptop my youngest said it over heated and shut down now it saying hat the hard drive not found it goes through the step of installation untill you get to step 2

DSzymborski

Distinguished
I'm not sure what the "hat" you're referring to in the topic is, but if a hard drive stops being detected, that's frequently a hard drive well on its way to the afterlife. The challenge with hard drives that are dying isn't fixing them -- they're very rarely repairable -- it's recovering any data that you didn't back up before it gives up the ghost (sadly, many people house crucial files on their hard drive but have no backup plan).

Now, if you think the hard drive is loose for some reason, the obvious next step is to check the connection. If you still can't get it to detect, it's time to remove the hard drive, put it in an enclosure, and attempt to read it on another PC.

Anything more specific, I think you're going to have to be a bit more clear.

yvonnemd_1

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

yvonnemd_1

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Well what I was trying to explain is that I have installation disc I'm trying to get on my laptop which was working about a month ago my son said it over heated when I tried to turn it init sound no driver found the disc won't load again on he laptop what do I do about that

Status
Not open for further replies.