Solved! How do you turn on the internet switch on on a netbook windows XP ?

zees62

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hello,
i can"t get my netbook to get on the internet. it will not even rcognize or see the available networks

Solution
Some laptops have a physical button you push, or a switch. Some of them you can do it through software (often there's a combination of buttons on the keyboard). Look for little symbols on the laptop that look like WiFi icons.

The other option would be to refer to the Owner's Manual that came with the laptop. Not all of them are the same. Considering you're using Windows Xp, I'm guessing it's an older laptop to begin with. So it may not have the physical switch/button (Airplane mode is a more modern feature).

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Some laptops have a physical button you push, or a switch. Some of them you can do it through software (often there's a combination of buttons on the keyboard). Look for little symbols on the laptop that look like WiFi icons.

The other option would be to refer to the Owner's Manual that came with the laptop. Not all of them are the same. Considering you're using Windows Xp, I'm guessing it's an older laptop to begin with. So it may not have the physical switch/button (Airplane mode is a more modern feature).

Solution