How I can uninstall and install this software automatically?

tritono9

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Hi,

I need some help. I use a great software called "SuperSleep" to turn off my screen with one programmable hotkey. The particular good thing of this software is that when you move the mouse accidentally or if Windows wants to turn on the monitor the software prevents it and keep the monitor off (in save energy mode really but the monitor is black). It is of great help to me because Im musician and when Im recording in front of the PC in my Home Studio or using my MIDI Controller to play some music in front of the PC I can turn off the monitor with one key in the keyboard without stand up and press physical buttons in the monitor (uninspiring).

Said that, the BIG problem with SuperSleep is that it has a serious Bug: when you turn off Windows or restart the PC, always it throws an Error when Windows start and it becomes dysfunctional. The only solution? I need to uninstall and reinstall it manually (with "Run as administrator") every time I start Windows 7. Im tired of it. I Googled and I discovered that the developer of this software knows the error and posted in forums asking for help but he not solve it. I even tried to contact and encourage him to fix the problem because the software is great but received no response.

So, after that introduction, I need to create some .bat file or something in order to automatically reinstall and install it with Admin rights the SuperSleep software when Windows Start (the only way to install it correctly is to install it with the option "Run as administrator").

How can I do that? Please help me.

Thank you for your time and help.

Best regards,

Juan Pablo

tritono9

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks Ralston but the article and NirCmd both do the same thing: put the Monitor to Sleep but not prevent the wake up for the monitor.

SuperSleep put the monitor to sleep and prevent the wake up. For example, if you use SuperSleep and turn off the monitor via tue utility, when you move the mouse the monitor still is black. When Im using Cubase, the software make a wake up call to the monitor constantly so utilitys like NirCmd dont work. SuperSleep keeps the monitor in sleep state until you use a hotkey combination to wake up it.

What can I do?

Okay then...

Changing the focus to preventing the mouse from waking the computer:

http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/

or

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/stop-mouse-from-waking-windows-up-from-sleep-mode/

The direction I am trying to go is to help you identify an alternative but suitable process that fits your needs without SuperSleep.

Then maybe you can create a hot key combination, if necessary, to implement that process.

tritono9

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks again Ralston18, I appreciate it.

I tried to deticket the option the wake up the PC with the mouse but it dont work because the pc is not in Sleep Mode, is fully functional, is just the monitor that is in black because with programs like NirCmd is in Energy Saving Mode. If I use NirCmd or other programs the problem is the same: if I move the mouse or some software is making wake up calls for the monitor it will turned on again. When Im using Cubase 7, the software is waking up all the time the monitor so utilitys like NirCmd dont work.

I tried both links but neither work :(

USAFRet

Illustrious
the BIG problem with SuperSleep is that it has a serious Bug: when you turn off Windows or restart the PC, always it throws an Error when Windows start and it becomes dysfunctional.
Why are you messing with buggy software that makes you jump through uninstall/reinstall hoops to use it?
Surely, there is something else similar.

Buggy software like that = bye bye in my world.

tritono9

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010

Because there is not in all the internet a software like SuperSleep. All the other softwares just turn off the monitor but if a program make a calll to turn on the monitor, the monitor will turn on. If you move the mouse, the monitor will turn on. If you press a key, the monitor turn on.

Like I said Im a musician and when I hit the Record button I want to turn off the monitor without stand up of my chair. With SuperSleep I cant turn off the monitor with a hotkey combination and it will remain off until I press another hotkey combination.

You might need to reconsider your options a bit...

Take a look at this link involving the use of Powershell:

http://superuser.com/questions/321342/turn-off-display-in-windows-on-command

Best to work with something you understand and can trust versus something buggy/cumbersome as noted by USAFRet.

Try some of the solutions presented and then work on setting up the process as a hot key/macro.

Solution