how many times can i install the same antivirus software in my computer?

Varun Sharda

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
So, i was going to buy bitdefender 2017 total security with 3 year subscription and i wanted to know what if i had to change my windows and have to unistall(well that would be automatic :D) bitdefender from my computer or if i had to completely change my hardrive for some reasons............ can i reinstall the antivirus i.e bitdender again(on the same pc)...? because how would the company know that i am on the same pc without identifying the registries?
i have another question........... will i be able to update the bitdefender 2017 to 2018 for free or 2019(when it is released)..?

my first antivirus purchase so i am ensuring.....the odds...:D

Solution
An infinite amount of times, you really do not need to worry. While it might bind to your software and your current Windows, if you reinstall Windows and just rebind it to your new copy, there won't be any issues. Paid products usually tend to stay very well in these situations, that is what you are paying for :D

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Yes, I have Bitdefender and you can change it to a different computer or a windows reset. You will have to reinstall the Bitdefender software, but you will just need to go to the Bitdefender site on the new PC and log in, it will give you the option download the software and use your license for the PC you are on.

Varun Sharda

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
if you could tell me another thing that........ i was going to buy the bitdefender total security 2017 voucher........... as it is available cheaper. but on the bitdefender website they have the 2018 version of bitdefender and not the 2017 version......... so my question is will the voucher....(license key) of total security 2017 work on total security 2018?

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
An infinite amount of times, you really do not need to worry. While it might bind to your software and your current Windows, if you reinstall Windows and just rebind it to your new copy, there won't be any issues. Paid products usually tend to stay very well in these situations, that is what you are paying for :D

Solution

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Yup! It's the same with us. You can transfer a license to another computer pretty easily, you just can't use the same license at the same time on two machines of course ;)

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB270