How much can I sell my laptop for?

BumdanceMan

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Im thinking of selling my laptop that I bought about 2 years ago and building a pc. I just wanted to know how much I could get for it, I bought it for around $1300 AUD.
Specs:
HP ENVY TS15-J005AX HNX TOUCH
Processor:
AMD A10-5750M APU
8 gigs of ram
Windows 8.1
Graphics:
AMD Radeon HD 8650G + HD 8600/8700 Dual Graphics
Display: 14" 1920 x 1017 touchscreen

Solution
Unfortunately dated laptops can prove a problem when trying to sell. They do offer depreciated value. And I myself am having laptop issues but I hope extended warrenty still exsists for it. And if its a possibility that parts cannot be replaced. Replacing the laptop is a possible solution.

From what I understand when it comes to warrenty from a company. They compare to what the specs on your's vs whats sold in stores. Is the same value. Say you bought it for $1,500, and today its worth $700 at best. It may seem half of what you paid. But the reality is that how the consumer market pays for it. As the old 6 month rule applies. New tech comes out, better then the last.

So do research of your laptops specs, and compare prices. I would...

SilentSpanky

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Unfortunately dated laptops can prove a problem when trying to sell. They do offer depreciated value. And I myself am having laptop issues but I hope extended warrenty still exsists for it. And if its a possibility that parts cannot be replaced. Replacing the laptop is a possible solution.

From what I understand when it comes to warrenty from a company. They compare to what the specs on your's vs whats sold in stores. Is the same value. Say you bought it for $1,500, and today its worth $700 at best. It may seem half of what you paid. But the reality is that how the consumer market pays for it. As the old 6 month rule applies. New tech comes out, better then the last.

So do research of your laptops specs, and compare prices. I would advise to do it where you live *country wise*, because when you purchase items in a store, and you can get away with a price match gaurentee. They compare in same country only.

So you have to be fair with the current market. It could be 50% depreciated value OR something as simple as 300 less. Just have to do research and be smart. But used tech can lower the bar completely meaning, you spent $1,500 but there is wear and tear. Not in mint condition. Stickers missing. Some scraches and or dents. Damage to the cord etc. It is a possibility you have to face when selling used tech.

And I myself unfortunately will have to see how things play out for myself.

These are things to consider.

I once sold a LG laptop, and it was a decent one but the dvd drive quit when I just sold it to a nice lady. And she called me once. Thing is I hardly ever use the dvd drive on any laptop. Except for when I burn. Which is rare these days.

Thats my two cents.

Solution