How safe is iTunes these days?

Jul 16, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to download a few videos off iTunes, as that seems to be the only place I can get them, but when I googled iTunes this came up:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html

It's technically from 2011, but it's still a bit concerning. Would you consider iTunes to be worth avoiding? And if I downloaded it, got what I wanted, and uninstalled it, would that most certainly keep my pc safe either way?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated. I really consider you guys to be pretty knowledgeable, and that's why I wanted to pick your brains about this ;)

Jul 16, 2013

By that do you mean the program doesn't run too well, or installing it could actually harm the rest of my computer by doing this like running the background/messing up stuff? Just checking.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

iTunes on Windows is notorious for performing quite poorly. I haven't used it in years, and I heard that they were making some improvements to it, but I don't know if that's been realized.

Jul 16, 2013
But to be more concise, if I download it, get what I want from it, and uninstall it, there should be no lasting, residual harm to my computer, right? I've heard some software like Mcafee can never quite be scrubbed from your system unless you reformat the whole drive, and am wanting to make sure this type of thing is not true with iTunes. As long as I can get it back off, I guess there's nothing to worry about. It can't spy on me after I delete it :p

Pinhedd

Distinguished

not that I'm aware of. I haven't used it in quite some time.