how to access and use front facing camera toshibal875d-s7332, windows 8

Aug 5, 2018
this is a simple question but I cant find answer On Toshiba laptop l875d-s7332, windows 8, 64 bit: When I turn on webcam it's facing me and i want it to face forward to take picture of something else, not myself! I can't even see a lens, guess it's hidden. After all searches (5 hrs) and videos re: camera, not one mention of how to "turn the camera around to be front facing" Please help me maintain some of my sanity by answering this simple question.
Ninety-five percent of my time is using my i-pad but wanted to learn to use laptop camera.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Acer used to make a few models of laptop with the camera mounted on a rotating hinge. That was a number of years ago and the only example I can recall of a laptop with anything but a webcam fixed in place to face the user.

The purpose of the laptop webcam is different from a phone or tablet. Laptops are portable computers but not so portable that they're expected to be used for the kind of picture-taking commonly done on phones. The webcam is largely there for things like chatting through Skype or whatnot. Thus all mainstream laptops feature only one camera, facing the user.

Aug 5, 2018
I can’t find out how to thank the solution provider. So Ralston 18...thanks.

Also I came here to check “unfollow” and see there were two answers. Do you know why I was only emailed yours? Just curious since I thought I’d receive all answers.

You are welcome.

Not sure what may have happened with respect to your not receiving the second email notification.

May just have been the timing involved. Or some glitch somewhere.

Difficult to know without having multiple incidents or some pattern to it all.....

Aug 5, 2018