How to access the fan (for replacement) on a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200?

2pjCalif

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
I replaced many fans and/or deep cleaned vents, heat sinks, etc. This Toshiba P75-A7200 is the 1st of I've seen of its kind where the seams of the bottom tray don't seem to come apart. The keyboard does not come out and there are no screws hidden under the battery. All the replacement parts online are ones that are accessible through pop-out panels only. Are the Toshiba Service Center the only ones that can cut/melt/replace the bottom trays apart?

Solution
I have to say it's disgraceful of Toshiba to make these changes that force you to ship a faulty laptop back to them and HP aren't much better.

Anyway it's just my £0.02 and rant.

The biggest problem with melting it with a hair-dryer or a heat-gun is if you still can't open it and have to send it to them. They would almost certainly double their existing exhorbitant charge to fine you for trying.
I have to say it's disgraceful of Toshiba to make these changes that force you to ship a faulty laptop back to them and HP aren't much better.

Anyway it's just my £0.02 and rant.

The biggest problem with melting it with a hair-dryer or a heat-gun is if you still can't open it and have to send it to them. They would almost certainly double their existing exhorbitant charge to fine you for trying.

Solution