How to Avoid Amazon Prime's Price Hike

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
How can I be sure that Amazon won't charge my credit card first before I can use the gift card I would purchase to renew my Prime? My current membership is set to automatically renew on Nov. 18.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from coegj69 : "How to renew prime account ?"

read under
"Give yourself the gift of Prime"

USAFRet

Illustrious

"So make sure to end your current membership on your last day and then redeem your Prime gift."

May 10, 2018
OMG! The Prime Membership is going up $20.00 per year!!!!!??!!!

Currently $99.00/yr = $8.25/month

at $119.00/yr = $9.91/month

Still much cheaper than Netflix, Hulu, etc. and I get free two day shipping on all I order along with some very good original programming.

Hmm...that's just too much money for me to spend...

May 10, 2018
I have no problem with paying a little more for a great product. It is a daily increase of 5 cents, so I'll gladly find somewhere else in my budget to save 5 cents a day to put toward my prime membership. The perks that come with being a prime member are too extensive to list. I keep stumbling onto more things i didn't realize was included with my membership. You get what you pay for and with amazon prime you get a lot. I love being able to have free downloads on the shows and movies that my grandkids love so that they can watch them even when we dont have an internet connection. It is after all a business in it to make money so i dont fault their desire to increase sales. Im a broke ass chick so it's not even that a have a bunch of extra money to spend. That's certainly not the case and im always looking for a great deal. However i am able to recognize the value of their service and can see that as the company grows new perks are always being added not to mention the increase of jobs in the US that can be attributed to Amazon.

May 12, 2018

Write Amazon and stop auto renewal, then on the last day of your membership, cancel and use the prime gift.

May 15, 2018
Just got this list if hot tips--on May 15th. Could have used the one about gifting a Prime membership by May 11th...

Status
Not open for further replies.