How to Backup a Specific Folder?

Valree

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hi folks,

My uncle asked me to find a way to backup one of his folders whenever he plugs his USB. So I need a program to backup the specific folder (which is the "Documents" folder) whenever a specific destination device plugged in. A free program would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Solution
You could try an external USB drive for backup. The Seagate models come with backup software that you can specify what folder or folders to backup and the time interval for backups.
You could also use "File History" if you're running Windows 8.1. By creating a "Library" of only the folders you want to backup, it will also do the job.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Back up a specific folder to another location on a schedule? Easy.
SyncBack Free.

Back up a specific folder to a specific USB device automatically when it is plugged in? Hard and dangerous.

Generally, you can easily cause a folder to back up to X:/MyBackupDocs (the above application does that.
But what happens if something else usurps the "X" drive letter?

On top of that...having some application detect when that USP drive is installed and connected. Problematic.

Lastly...a USB drive is a poor backup location.

rchris

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
You could try an external USB drive for backup. The Seagate models come with backup software that you can specify what folder or folders to backup and the time interval for backups.
You could also use "File History" if you're running Windows 8.1. By creating a "Library" of only the folders you want to backup, it will also do the job.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS