How to be the MOST Secure?

Encharge

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone, first post,

i'm looking for how to be the MOST secure online. I would love to see a range. Example being like : Microsoft edge/Windows Defender to something like A virtual machine, with a VPN and using the TOR browser.

Understandably, at the end of the day, if someone wants your stuff, whatever that stuff may be, they will get it if they want it bad enough. humans are the biggest flaw in security, and you might just be your own undoing. But with that aside...what would be the most...secure/anonymous way to be online?

Thanks everyone in advance!

LiquidEternity

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hey Encharge,

Whether you are talking about being safe, not contracting malware/viruses or you just plain want anonymity. A live OS would be your best bet, as once you turn it off, its gone.

Tails OS - I think would suite you best for your needs. It is Linux, so you will need to learn a tiny bit of the layout.

https://tails.boum.org/

It basically hides everything for you so you are online anonymously. Having said that, if you start telling people your email, etc on websites - you wont stay anonymous for long. It also sends traffic through the onion network (TOR) so you wouldn't need the browser it self. (I'm pretty sure its preinstalled on the OS though). You can boot Tails straight up, its light weight and fast.

Hope this helps! :)

- LE

LiquidEternity

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Thats why I suggested Live OS as once the machine powers off the OS and history is gone. Tails has a plus as in uses TOR network (which will also hide your IP). Can also set up tails to use a VPN for an extra layer of security.

- LE