how to block a unknown number on nokia cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentplanner

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

For blocking unknown numbers from calls and sms there are 2 No Screening options in Nokia phones, 1 for calls and 2nd for sms u can add unwanted numbers in no screening and u will get rid of them.

ploughman

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
From my recent experience, it would seem by using Nokia's application,number can be blocked. By doing this, it also blocks SMS TEXT message even though this facility is not set in the Application set up. Blocking 'WITHHELD numbers also blocks TEXT message from that source. This latter situation has been bugging me for over a year and I have not been able to get a satisfactory solution from either of the Mobile Network operators I have been involved with. Both seem to point the finger at Nokia.

ploughman

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015

I have been advised that the Operator does not BLOCK calls it is down to the USER to select which calls to BLOCK. Which I would consider a more likely process. If the Operator blocks numbers then the distribution of calls would be effected.

Lbecci

Estimable
May 30, 2015
I don't know how to block a number but I have found a solution - enter the number in your contacts and I give it the name rubbish or something similar. When that number rings and you see the name given, just close it. If your phone only accepts one name
just add a number to it ie., rubbish1, rubbish2 and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.