How to block few urls of Google images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BilalAthar

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I am currently using k9 web protection which is probably the best free internet filter out there.The real challenge for it is Google images.Although it allows to add some URL key words but it can add one word at a time fore.g I want to block the search velvet sky if I add them individually then it will also block any url containing either velvet or sky.If there is some other solution,may be another web filter or some other advice please help.

Solution
After doing a little research, it seems that this feature isn't an option; at least from what I've read. Many other users also have a hard time trying to block Google images.

Try using OpenDNS instead. It's free, though it does have a few ads, but it allows for you to use "phrase here" format to match exact phrases.

There's also a "VIP" paid version available. Obviously it has more features and removes ads, but the free version offers what you're looking for. Try that and if you have any more issues let us know!

Best of luck. :)

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
After doing a little research, it seems that this feature isn't an option; at least from what I've read. Many other users also have a hard time trying to block Google images.

Try using OpenDNS instead. It's free, though it does have a few ads, but it allows for you to use "phrase here" format to match exact phrases.

There's also a "VIP" paid version available. Obviously it has more features and removes ads, but the free version offers what you're looking for. Try that and if you have any more issues let us know!

Best of luck. :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.