How to change battery on samsung qx411

mariotorres

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hello, I bought the samsung qx411 six months ago, actually the battery's life is 15 minutes and when I try to recharge it, the battery didn´t reach 100% of charge, the maximun percentage of charge that appears on screen is the 80% and sttoped charging, what do you think it´s the problem?. Additionally, I was checking the laptop and I couldn´t see where the laptop has the batterry.

Thank you so much for your help

Mario Torres

The battery is not removable. It is inside the laptop so you must partially take it apart to actually replace the battery. However, doing so will void your warranty.

You should contact customer support about getting your laptop serviced under warranty. You may need to send it to one of their service centers unless there is a local authorized Samsung PC repair center near you.

TDHardware

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Ignore the above and please DO NOT attempt to take apart this beautiful machine. Nothing is wrong with your battery. Apparently you activated the Battery Life Extender feature during the initial setup. This is found in the Samsung folder in All Programs. This purposely doesn't charge your battery to 100% The theory is that running at 100% charge will allow you to run your computer north of 7 hours but at a cost of remaining recharges also known as chargeable watt hours. Samsung built in the ability to stop charging at 80% to give you the chance to increase the number of times you can charge your battery thus extending its total life. So instead of having a battery lasting you 2 to maybe 3 years you should, the theory goes, get about 4 to 5 years of watt hours and by then you'd be ready for a new machine anyway.

jcsf2

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

The laptop comes with a program called battary live. Open it and change from 80% to 100%.

Zalext

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012

You should calibrate your battery.
Enter in BIOS and navigate to Smart Battery Calibration to empty the battery and charge it fully again.