How to change email yet save everything .....

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Hi guys, for many years sinse gmail was an invite system I was using it and honestly I wasn't really thinking about name so much so I did first came to my mind and like 16 or so years later I want to change it.

You can imagine how much stuff is on it. First thing android account. All my purchases belong to this email. Then all this web sites I registered on. Forget about things like forums and social media it's easy to change. But how about things that I don't use every day but VERY important. Sometimes I do something, forget password lets' say and then "Thanks god I get this email recovery thing" I don't want to end up with changing email and be stuck on something that require my old email.

Basically I need new email name yet save all my important stuff and accounts. IS it possible ? It is possible to transfer all purchases from account abcd@gmail.com to abcdef@gmail.com together with facebook and twitter and this nice site, etc.

Thank you !

get yourself a rollerdex so that you can put the old and new info on it as you go through to change your email info.
one web site you may not be able to change is facebook. they want to have one user per email and a phone number now.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
So. There is no "standard" solution that people use when it's time to change your email.
one again back in a day it was just an email. Now email is your bank, 2 step verification tool, authentication, password reset tool and thousand of dollars worth of purchased stuff purchased on Google and APPLE accounts.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Totally I mean put it this way. My major concern not third party sites. I mean I can change email by simply going to my bank, Steam, Blizzard, Toms hardware etc and changing my email. What my concern is my purchases that I made on Google account. Even Apple, I canchange my Apple ID email to something else but how GOOGLE purchases work. I have right now abc123@gmail.com , and I want let's say xyz987@gmail.com.
How do I make google to transfer my purchases to second email and first email no longer have any purchases so if I even login to it all things I purchased will be once again available for purchase but not already purchased.
Do you understand ? I am trying to get my purchases transferred to new email ..that's all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aksheev Apps General Discussion 4
L Apps General Discussion 2
F Apps General Discussion 6
M Apps General Discussion 1
U Apps General Discussion 1
F Apps General Discussion 3
M Apps General Discussion 4
M Apps General Discussion 7
C Apps General Discussion 2
B Apps General Discussion 8
Z Apps General Discussion 10