How to change region code for Durabrand Model:DPX3290L

mizkay56

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I have a Durable 9" portable DVD player, but I can't play videos that I have bought from Amazon UK. They have a different region. I need to change the region to all in order to play these videos. Can anyone help? :bounce:

Solution
Unless the manufacturer specifically allows it, region changing a drive is specifically against the DMCA (in the US anyway)

Some drives would allow a couple of region changes, then it would be locked on that last one.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
normally it gets set once and can't be changed, either at the factory or when it first starts up. some will let you change it once or twice. if it is locked and won't let you change it, your only option would be to flash the firmware and set it then.

not sure how hard it will be to find firmware but i have done this on all kinds of devices like this. portable dvd players, home dvd players, even a tv that had a built in dvd player once.

you will need to do some serious google searching with your model number but in the end i normally find the firmware i need. if it is a popular brand you may even find custom firmware with new features available. have had this happen a few times but only with popular brands like sony and samsung

USAFRet

Illustrious
Unless the manufacturer specifically allows it, region changing a drive is specifically against the DMCA (in the US anyway)

Some drives would allow a couple of region changes, then it would be locked on that last one.

Solution