How to check if headset is too loud?

BertDeDikkerd

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017
Hey guys,

I play alot of games on my gaming pc but i never know what is too loud for my ears and what is not. Or how i check it, i really dont want to damage my hearing.
I use the razer kraken pro v2

Do you guys have tips or can you help me?
Thanks, Bert!

boju

Distinguished

My car was reported to EPA for having a loud exhaust. Had it tested by an authorised EPA mechanic and it was 95db. 5db over the maximum limit and had to put a resonator on it to pass the test.

My phone db meter said the same 95db. So they can be accurate.

USAFRet

Splendid

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

anort3

Distinguished
A phone based db meter can actually be quite accurate. Getting an accurate reading from your headphones with a phone is a different matter as there's no way to get a correct seal. That being said the simple answer is correct. If it's painful it's too loud. More days than not I spend several hours listening to music through headphones at reference levels and it hasn't hurt my hearing in the least.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 0
E Audio 1
johnbale Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 3
L Audio 3
B Audio 1
S Audio 1
E Audio 1
C Audio 1
B Audio 1
revolultrablue Audio 1
L Audio 2
A Audio 1
A Audio 1
J Audio 1
O Audio 8
B Audio 2
macmouth Audio 1
D Audio 1
Similar threads
Question RV surround sound connected to and in dash radio. Surround sound says check wires. I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor that came with a Sony in-dash radio a
Solved! Why do my Yamaha natural sound at receiver RX-v681 telling me to check the speaker wires?
What should I check to ensure the quality of an AV system?
My bro mistakenly connected two 100 watts beta4 speakers to 800 watts crown amplifier for a few seconds to check whether speak
Just a simple price check
Volume is not coming out from the speakers
So, i got new wireless headphone and i can't connect it to pc whenever i paired it with pc, when i checked device manager the
Look up my bookmarks I got a few subwoofer from Walmart how do I check my RCA jacks on my amp power cable can I get a diagram
I just bought a sony dvd home theatre and only 3 of the speakers works and when i check the speakers the are good
Onkyo receiver doesn't seem to be connected to Internet. How do I check?
I have an ALESIS GIGA MIX 8FX AMP for some reason only getting sound from 1 speaker thought is was the lead so checked both l
I have the swan m10's. Should the full range speaker setting be checked in windows?
How to check battery status on headphones
Checking 5.1ch RCA Inputs in Speaker
How to check the 6 RCA Input channels in a Speaker
how do i check if im using 6 channel audio
How do I check if I have a 5.1 audio
when I try to check the speakers windows 7 show 'Failed to play test tune?'
Is there a quick easy program to check the length if a wav file?
My green light on my main speaker doesn\'t turn on. i have double--checked and

ASK THE COMMUNITY