How to compress big file sizes from Fraps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakcatton

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
I'm just wondering, trying to start a new channel on youtube and I can't upload to youtube because my file sizes are huge! I started with fraps and the file sizes are huge so I moved on to Playclaw 4GB for a 10 minute video at 1600x1200 @ 30FPS and then I tried Dxtory ( recommended by jackfrags on youtube, special thx to him) and it was the same as playclaw. So I looked into capture cards, but i don't want to pay so much for a Avermedia Live Gamer HD witch is the best, people say, so I'm back to fraps and I am just looking for a program to compress the file size because they are huge, I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 to edit the videos so I am fine on that part, anyway thx for the help and please respond!:)

-Oakcatton-

flank2

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I think i've used handbrake in the past and just re-encoded them to mp4 or mkv and that drastically decreased the file size at a very (if any) minimal quality loss.

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

but if your editing the videos in sony vegas what video codec or file format are you saving the files in? point being, you might be able to encode them in sony vegas and save time.

raihan4

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I Agreed.

Use the tool called Handbrake and check "Web Optimized" . You can also decrease the quality by moving the RF slider on the Video tab. Previously, my size is 2 gb and gess what, it turns out to only 20mb!

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
You can encoder the file in a different format to reduce size such as  
www.any-video-converter.com -free
Most movie editing programs -Corel vidoeo studio
Adobe has media encoder and After effects

Basically there are plenty of programs available to modify the FRAPS output, just find what works for what you are willing to pay, or get one for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.