How to connect 6 speakers into 2 channel amplifier? What happens to the watt requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi,

I have bought a mini amplifier from lepy which is 2.1 channel amplifier and channel specs are as follows:

Input power: Dc 12v 3A
Ouput power : 15w * 2 channels & 20w subwoofer channel.

Speaker impedance: 4-8omhs

And i have a 6 set of speakers & a subwoofer from pioneer home theater whose specs are as follows:

4 speakers are 4ohm 100watt max
2 speakers are 8ohm 50watt max
And Subwoofer 4ohm 100watt max

But I don't know what is the minimum watts that my speakers support.

So now i am thinking of connecting 1 channel of amplifier with 2*4ohm series + 1*8ohm speaker in parallel (same would go with second channel) which would sum upto total impedance of 4ohms on each channel.
And Subwoofer has a separate port for it.

Now my question is what happens to the watt requirement when we do series or parallel connection????

Would there be any problem??? Will this configuration work?.

Please help i have came to this calculation after a lot of research.

Solution
You would have to break open the (probably) sealed box the subwoofer is in and disconnect the built-in amp and run external cables to the speaker.

kanewolf

Judicious
That is a $15, 15W amp. Just because you have 6 sets of speakers, doesn't mean that is right thing to do. Can you hurt the speakers? No. Can you burn out the amp? Yes. You have another thread where you say you can't find the correct power supply for the amp. Adding more speakers won't improve that situation either.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
I bought a power adapter with 12v 5a. So there is no issues with the input point of view. Every thing is working fine now. The only thing is audio quality is not that good!!!! What can i expect from a 15$ amp thanks for you view.

venky srinivas

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Ok talking about book shelf speakers i have mitashi subwoofer with built in connection for small speaker (basically a 2.1) but from past few days the speakers output is not working on subwoofer is how can i convert that subwoofer into passive and connect it with this 15$ amp????

Status
Not open for further replies.