How to connect a laptop tat uses wifi & screen is busted...too old Toshiba Armada window laptop that is dial up only? Got vga

brandeebell09

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
I no nothing about computers! Friend has busted screen on wifi laptop xp. I got old dial up only Toshiba Armada windows that works. Connect both with vga 15pin cable so wifi laptop can us Toshiba screen. Doesn't seem to work. Any ideas??? Thanks

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
So you have a broken laptop and you’re running a VGA cable from that one to a working one with the goal of using the screen on the working one.

The VGA ports on laptops are designed to output a signal to another display such as a TV, monitor, or projector. They do not output signals to other laptop screens.

To see the output from the broken laptop you would need to connect it to a TV or monitor. Not another laptop.

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
So you have a broken laptop and you’re running a VGA cable from that one to a working one with the goal of using the screen on the working one.

The VGA ports on laptops are designed to output a signal to another display such as a TV, monitor, or projector. They do not output signals to other laptop screens.

To see the output from the broken laptop you would need to connect it to a TV or monitor. Not another laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1