How to connect an audio system to AV port of set top box.

schobhe

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hello All,

I have HP Pavilion Monitor with no Audio port. I have connected Set Top box to the HP monitor via HDMI cable. Now I can see Video without audio. I want to connect Audio system from AV port of Set top Box and I have a RCA cable having one end can be connected to AV port of set top box and other end having 3 cables (RWY color) coming out.

My Audio system details:
Creative Speakers (2 Nos.) with woofer.
2 Ports available for speakers (L & R) with the woofer and no extra ports are there.

I am not sure but I think I do need a some kind of connection system which can connect RCA cable coming out from AV port of Set top box to the Audio system.

Hope this info is complete for you all to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance
Santosh

The red and white RCA plugs on the cable from the set top box correspond to the L&R connections on the speakers. Red is right, white is left. You should not need any other wiring. You may need to select the audio output of the set top box correctly as the audio may be set to output on the HDMI only. Try it and see.

The red and white RCA plugs on the cable from the set top box correspond to the L&R connections on the speakers. Red is right, white is left. You should not need any other wiring. You may need to select the audio output of the set top box correctly as the audio may be set to output on the HDMI only. Try it and see.

schobhe

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Thank you for your reply.
True, but if I connect the RCA cabled (L & R) to the woofer then how audio will come out from the woofer. It needs speakers and those two speakers would be disconnected from the woofer once I replace the speakers ports with RCA cables (L & R) as there are only two ports available..

The second thing you mentioned that Audio output of the set top box. How can I set audio output of the set top box correctly. Its just have an AV port. I don't understand it as I am newbie :).

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
shiva.ram54 Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 2