How to connect laptop through hdmi cable dvd to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynoldmacwan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I have an HDMI cable that connects my laptop computer to DVD. But it does not connect to TV. So can u help to find out how to connect my laptop via HDMI cable through DVD to TV.

Thanks,
Reynold Macwan

Firedancer82

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I actually have the same issue...My DVD player Samsung HD860 has a HDMI out however my Phillips TV dosent have an HDMI out. So I can connect my laptop through HDMI cable to my DVD player. Using the remote I can then use the input button to change settings to use my laptop to control my DVD player. Then boom you have your laptop streaming onto your older TV using this method...Just because you havent seen this before dosent mean that it can not be done. Do a little research and you can do just about anything. thanks!!

Does your TV and laptop have a VGA connector? If yes, use a VGA cable to connect them. You won't get audio through the TV but at least you would get a picture. As stated above you can't use an HDMI out on a DVD player to connect your laptop to a TV.

monroeb

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

how or what did you do to your laptop to control your dvd player and is the regular cords that go to dvd to tv installed

monroeb

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

how or what did you do to your laptop to control your dvd player and is the regular cords that go to dvd to tv installed

monroeb

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

If you have a question you should start your own thread. I'm closing this thread due the age and lack of response from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.