How to connect my laptop (VGA port) to TV (HDMI port) to use as a monitor?

Brent_7

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I have a VGA to HDMI adapter but when I connect it to my computer, the TV displays "no signal" though the computer is acknowledging the connection to the TV. Any advice?

xray686166233

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
You will need an active VGA to HDMI adapter (usually a small box but larger than an HDMI switch ) a VGA to HDMI cable or connector adapter itself will not work VGA is analog and Your TV can not see that signal on it's digital HDMI board

Hi,

First, make sure that the TV is set to the correct input which is HDMI. Next on your laptop press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter. If it will still not work do also try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed then test it again.
- If all these will still not work then the adapter can be the cause.
- Do try a different monitor that using VGA only and see if that will work or not.

xray686166233

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
You will need an active VGA to HDMI adapter (usually a small box but larger than an HDMI switch ) a VGA to HDMI cable or connector adapter itself will not work VGA is analog and Your TV can not see that signal on it's digital HDMI board

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
paccjas Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 8
282aviral Laptop Tech Support 1
aparky42 Laptop Tech Support 1
Hifrotech Laptop Tech Support 0
geriuu Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 0
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
S786 Laptop Tech Support 1