How to connect my Sharp subwoofer and sound bar to my Samsung cable box (and be able to control the volume on whole system)

Kwarren3682

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I have a new sharp sound bar system with subwoofer the HTSL75 which doesn't have a remote or display that I hooked up to my cable box but the volume doesn't work with the cable box volume like it's supposed to. I have also tried the tv remote control but no go either I'm thinking my cable box isn't connecting with the remote it came with? Any suggestions for fixing the issue?? It's just connected with an hdmi/arc cable..HELP!!

If you have connected the Sharp to the TV HDMI ARC input you have to turn ARC on, set the TV to output PCM, and turn on CEC in the TV menu.
This is on the first page of the manual.
https://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/FRFDXDXCEOMT.PDF
Cable boxes don't support ARC.
There are other options on that first page of the manual. Check the cable box audio menu. You may be able to change the output to variable. Maybe not on the HDMI output but on the analog audio output if it has one.

If you have connected the Sharp to the TV HDMI ARC input you have to turn ARC on, set the TV to output PCM, and turn on CEC in the TV menu.
This is on the first page of the manual.
https://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/FRFDXDXCEOMT.PDF
Cable boxes don't support ARC.
There are other options on that first page of the manual. Check the cable box audio menu. You may be able to change the output to variable. Maybe not on the HDMI output but on the analog audio output if it has one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 5
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
2 Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 5
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1