How to connect sound bar without optical or RCA output

Krystle Marie

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello, any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased a JBL SB150 soundbar with optical/ aux cable however when i checked on my TV(LG 43LF5400-TB) it does not have either the optical out or audio out at the back. It only has headphones out. I know that its very callous of me to have bought the soundbar first but this is actually my first time and thinking that since my TV is a newer model that it should be compatible.

Solution
You could use a 3.5mm cable to go from the headphone jack to the aux in on the soundbar. Mind you headphone jacks are made for headphones and thus amplify the signal and turning it too much will distort because the soundbar isn't meant to accept a amplified signal. Really that TV is limited and any soundbar would have the same issue.
You could use a 3.5mm cable to go from the headphone jack to the aux in on the soundbar. Mind you headphone jacks are made for headphones and thus amplify the signal and turning it too much will distort because the soundbar isn't meant to accept a amplified signal. Really that TV is limited and any soundbar would have the same issue.

Solution

Krystle Marie

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

TRENDING THREADS