How to connect USB headset to device with optical output?

Jan 18, 2019
Is it possible, through some adapter/converter, to connect a usb headset to a device which only has an optical output port. The device outputs 5.1 dolby surround, which I'd like to enjoy using the headset.

All such adapters I can find seem to do the opposite transcoding...

Any help is much appreciated...

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Don't quote me on this, but there's likely a dongle attached to the USB chord of the Headset, which if the Headset is in fact True 5.1 Surround Sound will already natively support 5.1 Surround Sound through said dongle.

If you're talking about Virtual Surround Sound there are quite a few 3rd party programs that allow you to emulate the effect with stereo Headsets.

Hope this helped.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Don't quote me on this, but there's likely a dongle attached to the USB chord of the Headset, which if the Headset is in fact True 5.1 Surround Sound will already natively support 5.1 Surround Sound through said dongle.

If you're talking about Virtual Surround Sound there are quite a few 3rd party programs that allow you to emulate the effect with stereo Headsets.

Hope this helped.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Audio 0
B Audio 1
E Audio 4
ssrn510 Audio 1
T Audio 1
C Audio 1
G Audio 1
V Audio 6
J Audio 1
M Audio 5
D Audio 3
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
H Audio 4
R Audio 4
H Audio 2
T Audio 4
Belkon Audio 1
S Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Microphone in my headset is not picking up my voice when connected to PC but it works fine on my Phone.
Question can I connect a wireless headset to 2 pc's and a mobile phone simultaneously
Solved! How would I connect 1 headset to 2 pcs?
Question My G633 logtech headset won't work in pc mode (connected by usb)
Solved! Connect 2 pcs to a usb headset
Solved! Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Interface to connect to Mixer/Microphone - Does it exist?
How do i connect a headset with a usb and 3.5mm jack to my ps3
Solved! How to connect Bluetooth audio receiver headset to Sony 5.1 home theater
Connect bluetooth headset to pc via pc headphone jack
Connecting speakers and headset to motherboard 3.5mm
How to connect wireless headphone or ear buds to old stereo w standard 3.5mm plug in but no Bluetooth
Can I connect my Redragon Garuda headset to my ps4 controller
How to properly connect my USB gaming headsets with a 3.5mm jack to the SoundblasterX G5?
How what optical cable to connect to a digital LG TV (no 3.5mm capability) to my Beats Studio headset? I purchased Aluratech a
Do bluetooth adapters exist for devices without bluetooth capabilities to connect bluetooth headsets?
Headphone stop working when mic is connected.
Headset connected to condenser mic only plays through one ear
How do I connect a microphone and headset to two devices simultaneously?
Rear, Side, Center/Subwoofer Audio Connections To Front Audio Connection
Is there any possible way to connect a Razer kraken pro 7,1 or a SS Siberia v2 frost blue to a smartphone?

ASK THE COMMUNITY