How to connect Wharfedale SW150 to Wharfedale 9.0?

SammyNib

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I have recently purchased the Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 speakers and the Gemtune SMSL SA-50 2x50W AMP to power them. I am very tempted to add a subwoofer to top the system off and I really like the look of the Wharfedale Diamond SW150 but I have no idea how I would connect everything together.

Some guidance would be very helpful!

Solution
What you would do is get a pair of these splitters and split the output of the DAC to feed the GemTune amp and the subwoofer in parallel. You would still need additional RCA cables but that is how you would get signal to the amp and sub.

SammyNib

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

Here is the amp and here is the subwoofer, im still learning so I am not too sure how it would connect as the outputs on the amp will go to the speakers.

kanewolf

Judicious

The BEST way would be to connect the sub with an RCA cable BEFORE the amp. Just like the amp is fed by two RCA cables, the sub can be fed by RCA cable(s). That is why I asked what you are feeding INTO the amp....

SammyNib

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

Sorry I will be using a DAC for input to the amp. So from what I get that you have said it will be PC>DAC>SUB>AMP>SPEAKERS?

SammyNib

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

OK so PC>DAC>SUB&AMP>SPEAKERS?

kanewolf

Judicious

Yes. The sub has an amp built-in.

SammyNib

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

Thanks a lot for your help!