How to connect Zgemma H2s to Panasonic home theatre SA- BTT405

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazyhaz

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Hi I am new to this forum, so I hope I'm in the right place. I have a Sony TV KD 65XD8599 which is connected to my Panasonic home theatre with an HDMI and optical audio cable and the sound works perfectly as it does with the fire stick which is connected via HDMI, the Panasonic theatre selector is on d-in. The problem I have is the sound from the Zgemma the sound only comes through the centre speaker, Someone had suggested connecting the zgemma to the Panasonic with a SPDIF cable using a toslink adaptor. I have tried this, but it doesn't work. I wonder if anyone would be able to advise me, please?
Thanks Kaz

Solution
My guess would be that it is Dolby 1.0
That would be the same as a mono source played with the Dolby codec, It would be center channel only unless you set the HT to a surround mode designed for a mono or stereo source.
I don't think your problem is the hookup.
Make sure the TV is set to output in 5.1 bitstream. Make sure the Zgemma box is set to output the same.
If the Zgemma box output is mono then you would only get the center speaker.
If the channel you are watching isn't in surround sound then try a different surround mode on the HTS.

kazyhaz

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

kazyhaz

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Hi
Thank you for your reply. The zgemma has limited settings, which doesn't give me a 5:1 option unfortunately, although, it does maintain that it is Dolby. We have tried all sorts and nothing works, It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.