how to connect Zoomtak android box to rf modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2018
Hi Guys
I am trying to view my satelite box in another room. The satellite box is a zoomtak android box and I am trying to use an rf mercury modulator. problem is the zoomtak only has phono socket at side and a HDMi which I have connected to the TV in front room. Can anyone help on how I would connect this to the modulator. At the moment I have got a scart cable to phono which I connected to the Zoomtak in the scart input and for the output I have a scart which goes into my VCR/DVD. I set it to channel 21 but in the other room it does not show

Solution
The RF modulator has AV inputs on the back so use them instead of the scart input,
The T8 has AV out but that may not work at the same time as an HDMI cable connected to it or may need to be turned on in the T8 menu.
The modulator RF output connects to the VCR antenna RF input. Set the modulator to a channel the VCR can tune.
Connect the VCR to the TV.
May 17, 2018

thanks for reply. At the moment. There is no scart to connect the zoomtak to the rf modulator. The zoomtak has only a HDMi space and PHONO. I have the PHONO in an adapter to scart which is connected to the modulator input and the output is a scart that goes to the VCR

To clarify the Zoomtak is an android TV box not a satellite receiver.
By PHONO do you mean a headphone jack?
There are different model Zoomtaks. Some have RCA AV outputs on the back. If yours has a 3.5mm jack on the side are you sure it's an AV output? Do you have a breakout cable with a 4 conductor plug and 3 RCA female jacks?
The AV output may not function when the HDMI is being used.
Not sure why you need a scart adapter? The modulator has an AV input. The output of the modulator is a coax antenna lead. If you connect that to a VCR then you would tune it to channel 21.
Lastly you won't get HD and operating the android box from another room might be a bit of a pain. I would just get another android box for the remote TV. Not a lot of money and will give you a better result.

May 17, 2018

thanks. Yes its a Zoomtak T8 android box.
the zoomtak only has space for hdmi and RCA. Both input and output are scart on the box
The modulator is a Mercury RF Modulator
https://www.amazon.co.uk/mercury-350-111-RF-Modulator-Grey/dp/B000M6SMKW/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_23_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WD8E62ZJFWVCAJMPFPTJ

The RF modulator has AV inputs on the back so use them instead of the scart input,
The T8 has AV out but that may not work at the same time as an HDMI cable connected to it or may need to be turned on in the T8 menu.
The modulator RF output connects to the VCR antenna RF input. Set the modulator to a channel the VCR can tune.
Connect the VCR to the TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.