How to control CPU fan speed

TechnoViking18

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi , i use gigabyte z97x gamig3 MOBO and i5 4690k CPU , i can OC my CPU and monitor its temp using gigabyte's easytune app but i can't control the fan speed. Does gigabyte have an app for that or do i have to download smth else i checked gigabyte's website but couldnt find smth useful.

Solution
I don't have experience with your motherboard but controlling CPU fan by user is not a feature i have seen in any motherboards or even in any forums. Since the CPU fan is a priority fan , you cannot control it on your will , the CPU will control it . At most you can tweak the voltage feed methods or active/passive cooling or always on in the BIOS settings.
There is a utility called speedfan but i doubt it will serve your purpose.

g1abhi

Estimable
Herald
Jun 13, 2015
I don't have experience with your motherboard but controlling CPU fan by user is not a feature i have seen in any motherboards or even in any forums. Since the CPU fan is a priority fan , you cannot control it on your will , the CPU will control it . At most you can tweak the voltage feed methods or active/passive cooling or always on in the BIOS settings.
There is a utility called speedfan but i doubt it will serve your purpose.

Solution

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I know with asus boards your can use the asus ai suite 3 to control all fans in the system including the cpu fan. Im not sure is any other MB has that feature, haven't used any other MB other than an Asus board in the past 10 years or so.