Solved! Gigabyte has terrible software??

_dawn_chorus_

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I just got an Aorus Z390 pro motherboard and what little software works is a nightmare.
I just wanted to adjust the fan curves but there is nowhere in the bios you can do this. I tried downloading the "Appcenter" because I had to in order to download the "Easytune" software, except neither program seems to exist on my computer after installing them (twice). Gigabytes software seems really out of date.. I had a $60 Msi Board before this one and it had a lovely BIos with giant buttons for OC, Fan Curves, Etc.

How can I just adjust the fan curves on a Gigabyte board for the love of God.

Solution

Traditore

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
EasyTune is for overclocking. SIV (System Information Viewer) is for fan control. Both work flowlessly on my PC.

So, there is no Gigabyte folder in 'Program Files' in your case? Nothing? It installs but it's not there?

_dawn_chorus_

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

The folders were there, but every time I tried to open the application from those folders it would just pop up with a weird update message that lead to nowhere. same message popped up on every restart. Neither of the programs showed up in my add/remove programs after instal, or a search on my computer. One was running in task manager but was seemingly nowhere. It also took ages to begin the download from their webpage.
I was so frustrated I just did a system restore to that morning to nuke them,

I managed to find some fan controls in the "easy version" of the BIOS. But I cant find a way to take things like Vcore voltage or frequency off of Auto. Everything is just stuck on auto in the BIOS.

Traditore

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

So what? With auto voltage you can use automatic OC of BIOS and it can get up to 5.2 with Core 9000 series. In most cases, AUTO voltage works fine. Gone are the days where you have to set voltages manually.

It's hard to tell why you can't change to manual. I would review all relevant settings.

Solution