How to Convert a Regular PDF to a scanned pdf

juicyjuice78

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
Hey guys,

Sort of a weird problem. Trying to put a PDF onto my kindle, but the Kindle isn't quite reading the text of the PDF correctly, random letters missing. So I want to convert the Regular PDF to the kind of PDF that doesn't read text (a scanned pdf is an example of this format). Adobe Acrobat Pro is probably the way to go, but I don't want to pay for it! so is there anyway to make it so the pdf is basically just a series of images as opposed to a text document, for free? (also I'm on a mac)

Thanks!

Solution
Windows 10 comes with "Print to PDF" option. You can also install "PDF Printer" application, which will provide a printer device creating PDFs (many tax preparation programs come with one).

Open the original PDF, and reprint it to the PDF printer. You'll know you've succeeded by comparing the file sizes of the original and the copy.

Edit: Can't help with iStuff...
Windows 10 comes with "Print to PDF" option. You can also install "PDF Printer" application, which will provide a printer device creating PDFs (many tax preparation programs come with one).

Open the original PDF, and reprint it to the PDF printer. You'll know you've succeeded by comparing the file sizes of the original and the copy.

Edit: Can't help with iStuff...

Solution