how to cut cable cord

Marie_19

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
What are the exact steps to cut the cable cord. My cable bill just hit $197.00..How can I DVR all my shows?

Solution
1. call cable provider
2. cancel
3. send back box or other rented items

provided you are not under a contract, in which case there could be early termination fees or similar. if you are under contract you may want to wait until it ends or if you want out badly you may need to just deal with the fee.
1. call cable provider
2. cancel
3. send back box or other rented items

provided you are not under a contract, in which case there could be early termination fees or similar. if you are under contract you may want to wait until it ends or if you want out badly you may need to just deal with the fee.

Solution
As above plus you can use an over the air antenna for local free HD channels. If you want to DVR them you can buy a tuner with DVR function with the addition of a usb drive.
Options are to use a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Firebox or Android TV box to stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc. You can set up the services you want to use and then decide what device you want to get them with. A computer will work fine.
You can also use KODI installed on your computer or many other devices to stream just about any programming. You don't need to record what you can watch on demand at any time. It's free. Not strictly legal as the first options are to use,