If it is disabled then the company would be the only people that can enable it. It also could be the carrier/service provider that required the restriction be on the phone, so people can't easily use the data for other devices. Happens all the time.
You can try making the seeing if you can make it a "Hotspot". However that may also be restricted.
If it is at all possible it would be done this way...
1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.
NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.