How to Fix a Frozen Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

You give no details of which Samsung tablet you have but, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, 1 month old, which totally locked me out. Tried every which way, e-mails and phone calls to Samsung support were helpful but no solution, eventually was given replacement.

Flower31

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

You give no details of which Samsung tablet you have but, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, 1 month old, which totally locked me out. Tried every which way, e-mails and phone calls to Samsung support were helpful but no solution, eventually was given replacement.

Solution

Neau

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

Hold the power button and volume down button at the sametime. If done correctly the screen will turn black and automatically start the reboot process.

bravocharliedelta

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Mine's a similar scenario but a bit terrible. I had the tablet cnnected to charger while using it then all of a sudden the screen went all black, keys at the bottom are still lighting up but non responsive. holding down power button didnt do anything. so I held the Power + Vol down button for almost a minute, then the tblet completely turned off.

Now i had to turn it back on. Held Power + Vol DOWN + Home, nothing. Held Vol down button, nothing. Held Power + Vol UP + Home, nothing. Im starting to think this is a battery issue. I've never had this problem since i purchased this tablet 9 months ago. so weird. now i have the tablet connected to the charger but even the battery charging status is not showing. Tablet is completely turned off. If this is still the case tom i will bring the unit to the store for repairs. Unless you guys can provide me any other solutions. Thanks.

kvhpkh

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Mine completely froze up and would not restart. I held the power button down for 10 seconds like you said and it powered up. I am hoping that there will be no more problems with it .... anything else I should do to troubleshoot? Thanks so much!

Bluebirdx19

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015

Thanks! This works, and now my tablet is fully charging. And the screen is not frozen!
;)

at13

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015

HI i find problem for freez tablet.
I chose the automatic mode for the light display. My tablet go to freez mode.
but i chose manual mode for the light disply. My tablet dont freez.
I think because it's in the automatic mode light is too high in the outdoors

You have no choice but to use the manual mode to tablet mode for light display Darh.rahy Do not freeze out of the house?

Vicci226

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
Hi my Samsung tab 3 has frozen while booting up, the bottom lights are on but unresponsive. Ive tried the volume up and power no luck. Tried home button and power no luck. Tried power and volume down no luck... Any more ideas please?

TeeShark

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015

Ok, just wanted to post my experience on here so that it may help others. My galaxy tab S 8.4 would not power on and when I plugged it in to charge it did nothing. I held power button down for 20-30 sec and still nothing. So i was about to open support call with samsung and thought i would try to fix it myself 1 last time.

I held the power button and volume down button in at same time for more than 10 seconds and nothing happened. Plugged it into my charger and was happy to see the charging bubbles appear on my screen.
Waited until it had a small charge on battery then turned it on and its working now and still charging. (Wipes sweat from forehead... phew!) This would have been my 1st of many samsung products to fail on me. Thanks to all who posted here. I now need to go visit all the other sites i read to share the info.

Elliotharr

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

After two hours away from home, when I tried to open the screen of my Tab A 9.7, nothing happened. Black and unresponsive. Less than 90 days and I was ready to relegate it to the trash heap of overpriced toys. Too bad, I loved it until this moment.

Thanks to Tom's Guide and the helpful participants, out of desperation I held down the Power and Volume buttons. When I let go after 15 long seconds, the startup screen reappeared! I am so happy! Thanks to all for contributing their advice, and Tom's Guide for existing!

Kat___

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
I did the power button and volume button at the same time it did shut it down and restart it. I have the Galaxy tab 4 7 inch. But it's shutting down on its on and then sometimes it comes back on but sometimes it won't it shut down on Saturday September the 26th at 11pm it's Sunday morning the 27th and I did what he said and it's on for now. I also called support they had no solution for the problem. They said to take it to Best Buy they have a service center in there and they can diagnose and fix it for me at no cost to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.