Solved! How to fix high bass levels?

Mar 24, 2020
It all started when all of the sudden the bass level went high while I was playing games, I first thought that the problem is in headphones. I bought a new pair but the problem is still there! Bass levels are so high I hardly can hear anything. I tried to reinstall audio drivers but it didn't help. I tried searching online for solutions but I found absolutely nothing!

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Please post model# of your PC, motherboard mfr., sound card, OS and any audio software you may have. Also, is the problem only with games? Is the problem only with headphones or speakers as well? Is there bass-boost control on your headphones?

Mar 24, 2020
Please post model# of your PC, motherboard mfr., sound card, OS and any audio software you may have. Also, is the problem only with games? Is the problem only with headphones or speakers as well? Is there bass-boost control on your headphones?
Motherboard is manufactured by MSI, soundcard is integrated, I use Win 10, I have realtek audio drivers, the problem is only with headsets when i tried earbuds there wasn't a problem, there isn't bass-boost control and it is not only problem in games

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Okay, so we know it isn't a custom in-game sound profile. What is the model # of your MSI board, so we can see what sound management software was included? Are you plugging the earbuds AND headphones into the same jack?

I also have on-board Realtek audio on one of my PCs ASUS boards. The software bundle included a Soundblaster THX Console, which has a graphic EQ and Headphone Optimization. If your board came bundled with this type of software, you may need to install it separately, as it is not part of the driver update. See if there's a newer version on the MSI Support page. https://us.msi.com/support/download/mb

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Solution