How to fix volume on my technics sa-ex100?

las2874

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
When powered on volume comes on softly at one level does nothing different when turning the volume control or knob. Have taken top panel off but it feels like the knob just spins freely and does nothing should there be wired from volume control to circuit board?

andrewjonesfb2016

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I have similar issue, just been given a Technics EH600 system, when turning the volume dial it does nothing, I'm left with a low volume at all times, I have disassembled the separate enough to get to the circuit board behind the knob, but it's fine I re-soldered two joints but they were just the fixing points for the knob to the circuit board & didn't really have any electrical contact value, The other joints looked fine too, It's such a shame as the sytem is lovely but there's no remote with it if there was that would be a different matter as that would probably work due to it being digitally controlled,

Just for my satisfaction I am going to replace the capacitor on the board, it doesn't look faulty but you can never tell with them