Hi, Can anyone help me as I can't seem to get this phone unlocked to work with t-mobile as I already have a unlock pin to enter in the phone and followed the instructions...
1. Go to Settings
2. Advance Options
3. Sim card
4. Enter mep2
But when I reach this point it doesn't open the box to enter the unlock code and I tried entering mep2, mepp2, mepd and meppd but none of those work So can anyone tell me of a way to enter the code I bought for this phone,... Really need some HELP!!!
OH' And the Phone is Sprint branded Blackberry 8830 World Edition. and I need it work on T-Mobile's network.
You may have missed a few steps, please try the following unlock instructions For BlackBerry 8830 World Edition
First switch to GSM mode:
1. Go to Options
2. Go to Mobile Network and change 1XEV to GSM/UMTS.
3. If your new network runs on 2G, change the network mode to 2G. If it runs on 3G, change to 3G.
1. Ensure the SIM Card that came pre-installed is inserted
2. Go to 'Manage Connections'
3. Click on 'Turn All Connections Off'
4. Go to 'Options'
5. Click on 'Status'
6. Go back to 'Options'
7. Click on 'Advanced Options'
8. Click on 'SIM Card'
9. Type 'MEPD' (letters will not appear on-screen but a menu will pop up)
10. Type 'MEP2' (user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
11. Enter the unlock code (for example '1234567890123456')
12. Reboot device
13. Go to 'Manage Connections'
14. Click on 'Restore Connections'
15. Device is now unlocked
As with all unlock attempts is if you get a 'Code Error' message do NOT keep trying because you only have limited attempts. Please check the IMEI, Network, Network Country, etc.