how to get 4.1 effect from 4 speakers ?

liju012

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
i have 4 speakers, 2 from my hifi audio system, 2 from ordinary computer speaker, so can i get 4.1 effect by using them?? i've connected my hifi system to pc using aux code, i have 2 remaining speaker from my old computer speaker (which is ordinary not 2.1, that is no woofer only 2 speaker) so can i get 4.1 effect anyway by connecting the speakers together??, please someone help me..?

Solution
Hi
If you have realtek audio manager on your PC you can select 5.1 surround on the speaker configuration screen then uncheck the sub,centre,and rear boxes under optional speakers and select full range speakers this will give you a good approximation to a 5.1 system especially if the HiFi speakers are a good size and quality.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
If you have realtek audio manager on your PC you can select 5.1 surround on the speaker configuration screen then uncheck the sub,centre,and rear boxes under optional speakers and select full range speakers this will give you a good approximation to a 5.1 system especially if the HiFi speakers are a good size and quality.

Solution

liju012

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

ohh is it..! , ok canyou tell me friend how to get surround effect from 4 speakers...?

liju012

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

That was a good idea friend but i have 2 problems
1- can i install realtek audio manager in windows 7?
2- my hifi speaker have good size and awesome quality but am connecting the hifi to pc system through aux code, but speakers wires are 2 wire system that is not like in home theater it have traditional wire system. so my hifi have only 2 port to connet 2 speker i've connected 4 spekaer , 2 in each port.
so will your idea work for my connection?

robo7425

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
You can't get surround sound from a receiver (your hifi) that only supports stereo (has connectors for only two speakers). Each connection for a speaker is called a channel. Your system has 2 channels. Most home theater receivers have at minimum 5.1 channels. 5 channels for regular speakers and the .1 is for the subwoofer.

makkem

Distinguished
The majority of modern computers use Realtek for the onboard audio,check the bottom right of your task bar,you will be able to download it if your motherboard supports it.
The HiFi you are using will only enable you to have the front two speakers,you will need another amplifier or powered computer speakers for the rear two.