Solved! How to get 5.1 Surround Sound from my HP Omen 875 PC to Receiver or Bose System from 1 3.5 Audio Out

Dec 30, 2020
I bought a HP Omen 875 PC and the purchase documents say it has 5.1 surround sound. However, I only have 2 Audio In's and One Audio Out (all 3.5 ports). I have read about how you can convert these 3 ports to left/right, center/sub and surround left/right. My computer also shows that just the 3.5 Audio Out is 5.1 (in the Windows Audio Settings Properties). HP says that my mother board is 5.1 combatable but I just don't have the ports to get it so they recommended buying a USB External Sound Card. Either way, I am trying to get hooked up to a Bose System that has 2 bare wires for each of the 5 speakers and a single sub plug and I do not see where I can buy something that converts 1 Audio Out to 10 bare speaker wires and a sub plug. Nor can I find a USB External Sound Card that has L, R, C, Sub, SL, SR (most only have 3 outs). Is there a better, simpler solution to get a good 5.1 system for your computer? FYI, I think my bose system has an amp so I don't need a receiver too!

Dec 30, 2020
I am old school so maybe I am thinking about this all wrong but I am building a racing simulator and trying to simplify my setup. My last setup I had an optical audio out from my computer and I just hooked it into my receiver and then to a Bose system. However, I believe the bose system I have already has an amplifer. So for simplicity, I am thinking I could do away with the reciever but the only input for the bose is to wire each speaker individually (so 2 wires for each of the 5 speakers and then a sub plug). Now how in the world do you get to that from your computer? Plus, my computer says it is 5.1 surround sound but only has 3 3.5 ports (microphone, headphones and audio in). Maybe there is another product that is way better than the bose system that is made for a computer but I have not found it.