how to get chrome plug-ins to display to enable adobe flash on chrome on android pls

hawaiicaro

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I have chrome on my android smartphone. Need adobe flash player 9. I get page not found when I search for chrome://plug-ins. Thanks!

Solution
It isn't as easy as just installing it. You have to go through and deactivate the security settings on the device, then manually download the program from the Adobe site (not the browser add-on) and then once downloaded and installed, you have to reset the security settings. And this is going on the idea that the manufacturer hasn't restricted your ability to do that/add such programs. It could involve rooting the device, which can actually damage the device, and isn't something I can advise on.
It isn't as easy as just installing it. You have to go through and deactivate the security settings on the device, then manually download the program from the Adobe site (not the browser add-on) and then once downloaded and installed, you have to reset the security settings. And this is going on the idea that the manufacturer hasn't restricted your ability to do that/add such programs. It could involve rooting the device, which can actually damage the device, and isn't something I can advise on.

Solution

hawaiicaro

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

hawaiicaro

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Mahalo, webworkings. I did all of that.
I now have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player for Android (11 point something) installed on my Samsung Galaxy S5. But when I try to Open the app, I get a black page, and only the app name shows at the top of the page. I am thinking maybe I need to use a nonChrome browser. I dislike Microsoft Explorer. Maybe Mozilla Firefox?, although for space reasons, I am not thrilled at the prospect of downloading another browser. I am doing an online study module, and an Adobe Flash version of at least 9 is amongst the system requirements. I am going to check with the online study program's tech desk later today as to whether there is a workaround Flash substitute. After I posted my query to this bulletin board, I found out that Adobe Flash has a poor reputation and should NOT be installed because it may open up one's smartphone to invasion by undesireable elements. I did make sure to change my security settings back to their original disallowance of downloads from unknown sources.

Well remember though the version of it for browser use is not quite the same as for non-browser. Everything I have seen on it says the adobe won't work on an Android browser, just as a stand alone program.

Try to remember too that things that use Adobe Flash are usually very large and resource hogs, another reason they don't really run well on phones and tablets.

hawaiicaro

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Thanks, webworkings. Happily, it turns out I don't need Adobe Flash Player for my online study because the instructional material has no video! I expunged the installed Flash from my smartphone.