Solved! How to get my laptop to idle and run at lowest possible temperatures.

tmansdc222

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I have a laptop that is from 2013. I'm still planning on using it until better July and September when i plan to upgrade.

I took it in to get it cleaned out back in December and ever since then it's idling at between 42 and 45 Celsius when before that it was idling between 37 and 40.

So I bought a cooling pad which lowered those temps back to what they were before cleaning.

However sometimes I notice that certain processes run that keep it between 42 and 45.

My question is that is there a program that I can use that'll monitor and stop whatever programs are using any resources. I'd like to have my laptop idle somewhere in the 30s if possible.

Thank you very much. It'd nothing else works Tuesday I'll take it back in and have them clean it again.

Solution
you can change your windows power plan to Balanced. you can also further tweak the power plan. change advanced piower settings. system cooling policy to active. process power management. reduce your maximum processor state from 100% to 90% or even lower.
this will make your processor slower thus producing less heat.
if nothing improves, then its just the laptops heatsink/air cooler not being very effective anymore. just open the back of your laptop and check for dusts clogging the airways. and inbetween the heatsink bars.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
you can change your windows power plan to Balanced. you can also further tweak the power plan. change advanced piower settings. system cooling policy to active. process power management. reduce your maximum processor state from 100% to 90% or even lower.
this will make your processor slower thus producing less heat.
if nothing improves, then its just the laptops heatsink/air cooler not being very effective anymore. just open the back of your laptop and check for dusts clogging the airways. and inbetween the heatsink bars.

Solution