How to get password for Alcatel one touch prepaid phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Give yourself a couple of days without trying to remember it then you might.

We can't help you with password issues because we might help someone gain access to someone else's sensitive data.

All I can suggest without being able to see proof of ownership is turn it off then hold down the VolumeUp button (the one at the top of the side) and the Power button at the same time and hold them down until the options menu shows up. Ignore the Pop2 and Alcatel screens and keep a hold on those buttons.

When you see the menu, press Volume Down to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option and select it using the power button.

All your data will be wiped but that's the cost of not keeping a note of the password.
Give yourself a couple of days without trying to remember it then you might.

We can't help you with password issues because we might help someone gain access to someone else's sensitive data.

All I can suggest without being able to see proof of ownership is turn it off then hold down the VolumeUp button (the one at the top of the side) and the Power button at the same time and hold them down until the options menu shows up. Ignore the Pop2 and Alcatel screens and keep a hold on those buttons.

When you see the menu, press Volume Down to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option and select it using the power button.

All your data will be wiped but that's the cost of not keeping a note of the password.

Solution

Nei1

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Thank you Saga Lout.

I want to give my Tracfone Alcatel 205 to a womens' shelter or something, and a "wipe data / factory reset" is just what I was looking for.

No luck with Vol-Up and Power on my phone. I got into the Factory Reset screen by holding down the "*" asterisk button and then holding down the [red] power button.

I confirmed it worked because all my contacts got wiped. And the default color scheme came back. And my Surfer-Cat wallpaper went away.

It's a terrible phone, receiver sounds bad, texting is an exercise in tedium, even with practice. But I used it until I got a great Moto hand-me-down. The womens' shelter deserves better.

This thread was closed because your reply was two years after the event. I'm glad you found your way around cleaning out the device before giving it to charity.

I'm closing this again but your experience can still be read by other folks with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.