Solved! How to get rid of a virus that stops/crashes antiviruses

alexulmiste

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Hey, i today i was using my computer normally like i do everyday. However later i noticed that i cant open Google chrome browser. So i started investigating the issue and seems like i have some kind of virus on my PC. Whenever i try to install any antivirus programs, then it just crashes at some point or wont even start, giving errors. I have no idea what should i do now. I tried a program called RKill, this program tries to stop the virus so i could scan my PC with antivirus. Seems like it didnt work that good.

Win 10.

Solution
1. Try your antivirus in safe mode.
2. If that fails, recover from a backup you made before this happened.
3. If that fails, boot from your Windows USB or DVD, and wipe and reinstall.

2.5. Pull the drive out and attach it to another computer with a working system. Run an antivirus scan on the drive from that computer.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Yeah, that too...:lol:
Thanks.

alexulmiste

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

I reinstalled, formatted disk, still seems to exist, i think theres broken registry files, i scanned my PC with avast and it says i have broken registry files. Malwarebytes did not find anything.
Capture.PNG

USAFRet

Illustrious

A "new" OS install won't have broken reg entries.

alexulmiste

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Well, i literally installed new windows and formatted my disk like 4 hours ago. For some reason i cant get some windows updates, gives error codes. Also i have 2 hard disks, is it possible that the virus is on my second hard drive? 1TB space, its gonna take ages to scan it.