How to get rid of osx

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Hi

I like macbooks. I like the hardware and it's looks. It's looks premium, simplistic, and elegant for me.
But, what i hate of a macbooks?
A OSX!!!

I was dreaming if i can wipe the entire disk and only install windows with no apple software bundled inside it.

It's possible?

~being a windows user since I'm 5 years old. From 95, until 10 1586

Solution
Repeating "OSX mated to Apple hardware" I wager no hackintosh will feel the same as Apple hardware.

If you love Apple hardware, go for it. Windows on Macbook is been done, and as mentioned, you can load both OS and switch back and forth to try it out, and if at the end still hate OSX and don't feel like OSX just sitting there doing nothing then go through the procedure of installing only Windows, it's just time and effort.

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Yes, it is possible.

Problem is that not all the hardware inside of the machine will have Windows drivers. Most of it probably will be fine.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you will be able to find 3rd party drivers for any devices that may not function correctly with a Windows OS.

Do a bit of research with the make and model of the macbook, and see if anyone else has been through this before you, they might have some great advice or information on drivers.

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Hardware is terrible,how can you like it? Hackintosh is what you should find, however. Thats the closest you can get

I want to install windows on a macbooks. Hardware? Why you consider it as a "terrible" hardware platform?

Yes, it is possible.

Problem is that not all the hardware inside of the machine will have Windows drivers. Most of it probably will be fine. [ /quote]

Mac UEFI BIOS???

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Because the hardware itself is the same as laptops for 500$ on a laptop which costs 2k. The only reason that hardware runs well is because of the OSX. if you remove the OSx trust me, you will get to hate the hardware. Also BIOS won't let you install windows, your best chance is Hackintosh.

As the owner of both a MacBook Pro and a couple of PC laptops I think it wouldn't be worth the effort to try to remove OS X and install just Windows. Hardware aside, it just seems like a lot of work and probably an exercise in futility just for the sake of looks. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been using OS X?

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Just out of curiosity, how long have you been using OS X?

I haven't use osx yet. So that's why i prefer windows over osx, i'm very familiar with windows and if i switch to osx maybe i need some time to familiarize it.

I borrowed my friend's macbook to try osx. And it feels osx is confusing for me, different from windows, but nearly same as linux.

have an iphone

No...
I have OnePlus One, an android phone.
I don't need such thing just adb debugging.

Any new OS is going to take a little time to get familiar with using. Once you get familiar with using OS X you'll find it is not as complex as you think.

Mavericks
Get to know Mac OS X Mavericks: System Preferences
Get to know Mac OS X Mavericks: Under the Hood
Getting Started with OS X Mavericks

El Capitan
Tutorial from Noteboom Tutorials
Tips and Tricks
FAQ
OS X El Capitan
Apple: What is OS X

I would not say Premium, being old enough to remember MacOS, that's where OSX came from, to me a "toy" feel, Windows feels more "grown up" but OSX does smooth navigation for the most part and sweet gestures.

I agree on the part the OS is mated to run on this hardware.

One money can't buy benefit since I used OSX, less popups, less ad-wares. Before I used to restore Windows OS a few times a year having being infected, OSX perhaps once a year because am paranoid.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

OSX is Apple exclusive, no one else can have it, you cannot touch it. Only way to get to try it is go in an Apple Store and try it there or ask a friend who has a Mac to lend it to you. By the way the moment you get in bed with Apple is the moment you will have to give up on 90% of the games out there.

Repeating "OSX mated to Apple hardware" I wager no hackintosh will feel the same as Apple hardware.

If you love Apple hardware, go for it. Windows on Macbook is been done, and as mentioned, you can load both OS and switch back and forth to try it out, and if at the end still hate OSX and don't feel like OSX just sitting there doing nothing then go through the procedure of installing only Windows, it's just time and effort.

Solution