how to get rid off thin yellow vertical line on hp laptop screen

gopinadh72

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I brought HP envy notebook laptop with 17 inch screen in last year. Till few days it worked good, but in the recent past I observed a thin vertical line on the left side of my monitor, Even it is showing on BIOS screen also. I have tried almost everything what HP forum has told in their blog. But of no use, so please help me out to get rid off the vertical line

Solution
Was the machine dropped/hit at all recently?

Unfortunately you're probably not going to be able to get rid of the vertical line without replacing the display. If the notebook is still within warranty you may be able to make a claim on it (backup your data before doing so). If not, you might be lucky and the internal cable that connects to the monitor maybe slightly dislodged. Most probably you're going to have to get a new display put in it though.

I could be wrong though, it might be the internal GPU, but this sounds moreso like a dodgy display.

cheese9k

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Was the machine dropped/hit at all recently?

Unfortunately you're probably not going to be able to get rid of the vertical line without replacing the display. If the notebook is still within warranty you may be able to make a claim on it (backup your data before doing so). If not, you might be lucky and the internal cable that connects to the monitor maybe slightly dislodged. Most probably you're going to have to get a new display put in it though.

I could be wrong though, it might be the internal GPU, but this sounds moreso like a dodgy display.

Solution
Sep 15, 2014
this is almost definitely a physical problem, either the display is damaged or a cable is damaged/loose