How to increase GPU usage for low-end pc games????

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Hi Guys. i have a Sony Laptop. its a descent laptop . i can play all games fine on this. But in low-end graphics games meaning old games with not really good graphics i cant get more Fps. this may sound funny but i play COD1.1(Multiplayer) . Yes u read it right.. the first ever cod game and in this game 333fps is the most beneficial fps. alot of people had told me that i can get even more than that (like 700-800) but i cant reach it. But people having low PC specs than me can get it easily i dont know why.. i found that while playing this game my CPU is being 70% and GPU is only being used 30-40%(its always fluctuating). But in high-end graphics games like AC3 and AC4 its being used 70-90%. and i think this is the reason why i am not able to get deserving fps. so my question is that is there any way to force GPU to be used more???

And also my fps does not change a lot on changing resolution of the game Call of Duty 1.1
if it is at 640 its still between 250-333
if it is at 1080 its still somewhere around 250-333
and also when i play at 640 the GPU usage is near about 30%
but when i switch to 1080 the GPU usage jumps to near about 70%
but the Fps is still around the same with little bit of change(20-30 frames)

Plsss guys help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Specs Are here:-
CPU: i3 3227U 1.90Ghz (Dual Core) (4 threads)
GPU: GT 740M (1GB DDR3 dedicanted and 1.7GB(approx.) Shared memory)
RAM: 4GB
ad i hve also checked for Virus...my PC is clean

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Do u really think that Call Of Duty 1.1 is really demanding that GT-740M can't handle it properly??
i dont think so
And also my fps does not change a lot on changing resolution..
if it is at 640 its still between 250-333
if it is at 1080 its still somewhere around 250-333

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

But bro people having lower processors than me can get higher framerates and i just checked now that changing resolution does affect but not very much and whenever i increase res the usage goes up

maitland02

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Are your graphics drivers up to date? Power settings can have a slight difference too, when set to balanced the GPU might act slower or fluctuate than if it was on high performance mode. Again check for programs running in the background as that can slow you down. Youre crazy to want more than 300fps xD

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Graphics are up to date. Power settings are on high Performance and about the programs there are not very much useless apps going which might drain a lot of it.. yea it sounds crazy but cod1 is very lowspec-ed game so my GPU should n t have problem reaching 333

maitland02

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Are you using Nvidia BatteryBoost? after browsing some forums people have had issues with frame rate capping as it's trying to maximise power/performance. Found it odd that you're running the same framerate at two very different resolutions. Would also be worth checking any Nvidia programs you might be using for any settings that could be overriding in-game settings.

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

I'm not using Nvidia Battery Boost . The nvidia softwares i use are :-
Nvidia Geforce Experience
Nvidia Physx System Software
and Also Nvidia Graphics Driver if thats software(it shows in programs)

DominicDougherty

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Tbh, it doesn't even matter. Your monitor runs at 60hz AT MOST, and just because someone got better results than you doesn't mean you'll get the same results. different problems like the infamous "silicone Lottery", age, and cooling can also effect performance.

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Limitation of what GPU,GAme or something else??
and also when i play at 640 the GPU usage is near about 30%
but when i switch to 1080 the GPU usage jumps to near about 70%
but the Fps is still around the same with little bit of change(20-30 frames)

Maninderdeep Singh

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

If cooling or something else would be a problem then it shouldn't work well in high-end games like AC 4 ,but its doing well there and the usage is near about 70%