How to keep the best condition of old photos

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I have got some old hard-copies family photos that were taken in 80s, with cameras in those time that we are not able to remember the model. Some photos are with film negatives but many do not. They are the invaluable memories and they are always kept in the photo album.

However, some are getting yellowed, and some even gets sticky to the album that destroys part of the photos.

Anything I can do to keep the best condition or even "rescue" some of thosee photos? Especially for those without film negatives...

Solution
For the film there are plenty of negative film scanners for your printed photos there are similarly many flatbed scanners. Then there are also combo devices able to scan both. I guess, you'll just have to choose how much you're willing to pay for it. :)
I think you can pick and choose from a bunch of devices ranging from around 50 bucks up to the thousands. Google some round-up reviews of them to see what would be good enough for you. More expensive devices usually come bundled with more advanced software for post-processing, to adjust discolouring and all that.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
For the film there are plenty of negative film scanners for your printed photos there are similarly many flatbed scanners. Then there are also combo devices able to scan both. I guess, you'll just have to choose how much you're willing to pay for it. :)
I think you can pick and choose from a bunch of devices ranging from around 50 bucks up to the thousands. Google some round-up reviews of them to see what would be good enough for you. More expensive devices usually come bundled with more advanced software for post-processing, to adjust discolouring and all that.

Solution