how to make primary memory to SD card on samsung galaxy grand 2 and samsung j1 ace?

Abhishek_84

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
how to make primary memory to SD card on samsung galaxy grand 2 and samsung j1 ace? i cant make my SD card as a primary storage

Solution
Well you would need 3 things. 1. The instructions I am including below. 2. A phone running, or upgradable to, Android "Marshmallow". 3. A phone that the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on. This last one is the kicker. If you are running the right Android version, but the instructions included don't work for you, then you probably have a phone that was restricted by the manufacturer.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select...
Well you would need 3 things. 1. The instructions I am including below. 2. A phone running, or upgradable to, Android "Marshmallow". 3. A phone that the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on. This last one is the kicker. If you are running the right Android version, but the instructions included don't work for you, then you probably have a phone that was restricted by the manufacturer.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution